1. If you could build your house anywhere, where would it be? Since I want to live in a city and I like old architecture I wouldn't need to build it from scratch. I'd like to completely remodel something huge in Sciennes, though, or possibly Bloomsbury if I ever decide to move to London (a thing I'd only contemplate if I could live within walking distance of the British Museum). Hell, I'll have Edinburgh and London, and Amsterdam and Venice and Berlin while I'm at it, why muck about?
2. What's your favorite article of clothing? My corset.
3. What's your favorite physical feature of the opposite sex? I like the soft bit on the back of people's necks - whatever the gender.
4. What's the last CD that you bought? The Breeders Title TK I think.
5. Where's your favourite place to be?Dancing, on E, at an event I'm not running, surrounded by all my friends.
6. Where's your least favourite place to be? If you exclude less likely things like being buried alive,, I'd say in Princes Street on a busy Saturday afternoon at that moment when I realise I have to get out of there fast. Which is very like being buried alive.
7. What's your favorite place to be massaged? Somewhere really luxurious, with scantily clad minions and cocktails :-)
8. What's more important, strong in mind or strong in body? Mind, obviously.
9. What time do you wake up in the morning? 8-ish when I have to go to work, usually before 10 anyway.
10. What's your favourite tv show? I was just saying last night that I wish they'd re-show Nightingales.
11. What's your favourite kitchen appliance? Our godlike kettle is pretty godlike.
12. What's your favourite childhood memory? It's hard to think of any very memorable good bits, even though I know I wasn't miserable all of the time. All happy childhood memories resemble one another; every unhappy
childhood memory is unhappy in its own way...
13. What makes you laugh? League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Buffy one-liners, sibelian, the memory of my own wit.
14. What makes you really angry? Being put on the defensive.
15. If you could play any instrument what would it be? Electric Guitar, for cool points, but I'd rather be able to sing as well, so I could be Patti Smith.
16. Favorite restaurant/cafe/eatery? Somewhere with steak and/or mussels in it. The Tower in The Royal Museum of Scotland is very good.
17. Scariest moment of your life? There was a near car accident that I don't like to remember. Or two. Actually all of my scariest moments have been in cars, including that road in Wales I refused to drive back down.
18. If there was a movie made about you, what current/former Hollywood star would play you? I don't think Hollywood could do me justice, actually, but I'd like to see an unknown fat actress given a decent break for a change.
19. Do you believe in the afterlife? Not even a bit.
20. Favorite children's book? There are so many, and many of them I still read. I have a particular soft spot of the Green Knowe books by Lucy M Boston, though, and I love Lemony Snicket.
21. What's your favorite season? It's hard to beat a good September.
22. What's is your least favorite household chore? Picking food out of the plughole of the kitchen sink when other people haven't scraped it into the bin properly. Grr.
23. If you could have one super power, what would it be?teleportation, so I could get between all my houses :-)
24. If you have a tattoo, what is it? Does anyone have only one tattoo? I have a spider, a seahorse and a sprig of rowan wrapped round the Ogham symbol for rowan.
25. Who was your first love? Richard Dedman, when I was 11. It hurt like a bastard.
26. What song could you / would you have written? I'd love to have written Room 429
27. Do you prefer cats or dogs? Cats. I have a (usually mild) phobia of dogs.
28. What's in the boot of your car? The torsos of my enemies. Only it's not my car.
31. What is your favorite day? Fridays when I'm not working - they're better than Saturdays because everywhere isn't full of people who only get out on Saturdays...
32. Use only one word to describe yourself? Bunny!