1. People saying they've 'won' something on e-bay when they're going to have to pay for it.
2. Insurance adverts which suggest that their product will prevent bad things happening (such as trees falling through your roof and killing your children) rather than merely giving you some money when they do.
3. Newspapers who talk of someone's 'shame' when they have merely been found out and have shown no noticeable remorse or even embarrassment.
4. People saying that because one person has been 'successful', anyone can do it, as if success weren't a relative concept.
5. People who cannot tell the difference between refuting allegations and merely denying them.
6. The use of the phrase 'the exception proves the rule', which ought to be forever banned.